Friday, March 6, 2009



Got this recipe from Stephanie this week. I haven't had a chance to try it, but she assures me its good!

Tortellini Bake

1 1/2 lb. ground hot Italian sausage
1 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
2 tsp. oregano
2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes with mild green chiles
1 (15 oz) can seasoned tomato sauce
16 oz. cheese tortellini
2 large green peppers, sliced in strips
Mozzarella cheese

In large pan, brown Italian sausage; drain excess fat. Return to pan; add garlic, oregano, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and green peppers. Cook until green pepper is crisp-tender; add tortellini. Cook 7 to 10 minutes longer.

Carefully empty hot mixture into lasagna pan. Top with cheese. Bake in oven at 350 degrees until cheese melts and is bubbly. Goes great with salad and breadsticks!


2 comments:

Farming Fabulously said...

That makes me hungry....

Adrienne said...

Except for the green peppers (blech), it has all my favorite ingredients... YUM! Might have to give this one a try- I'll even put the green peppers in for my hubby.