Three Day Weekend

Monday, May 26, 2008

The three day weekend is coming to a close.....oh how I wish I had another day to spend at home! I'm feeling pretty lazy today, not ready to go back to work tomorrow. This weekend was jammed packed so I'm definitely wanting another day to relax.

Friday night we celebrated both Leslie's and Mary's (of Rob & Mary) birthdays. Our evening started with a cookout at Paul and Mary's. It was definitely a good thing that the tent they had reserved for graduation was put up already. A little rain didn't put a damper on the evening, but it definitely put a chill in the air. We ended the evening with friends celebrating Mary's birthday -- it was great to see everyone and spend some time catching up.

Saturday morning was spent running errands - those never seem to decrease. Maybe one of these days, we'll be caught up on errands. The fast pitch team I'm coaching had their first scrimmage on Saturday afternoon. I think we've made a lot of progress in the two weeks we've been practicing, but I wish we had a little more time before out first game on Thursday. All in all, it went pretty well. I think the game situations will definitely help get us ready for competition. And on the plus side, our pitchers got to face live batters. We ended Sunday with "date night" - dinner at Red Lobster - one of my favorites!

Sunday was Leslie's high school graduation. After church in the morning, we had the graduation ceremony in the afternoon followed by the party in the evening.

Kelly, Leslie, and Ron


Leslie and Emmett


Ron and Kayla at the graduation party


Now it's Monday, and to be honest, I haven't done a lot today. And it feels pretty good. Some cleaning and some laundry were accomplished and I spent some time reading while Ron watched a couple of movies. Its steaks and potatoes on the grill tonight and back to work tomorrow.


0 comments: