Sunday Stills: Color

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The object of this week's challenge - color and lots of it. I had big plans to hit the fabric store this week. Nothing says color like bolts and bolts of fabric. So many different colors and patterns. But, alas, I ran out of time.

Instead, I grabbed a few swatches of my current projects. I hate to say current as some of these have been sitting for quite some time (and am afraid they'll be there for awhile).

Now, since I work with insect, I get to see lots of color in many shapes and form. Here is a parsleyworm....soon to become a beautiful swallowtail butterfly.
A newly emerged monarch....
It's not all work and no play. We managed to catch a Cubs game last weekend and looking over the crowd, there was color galore.


For more Sunday Stills photos...head on over here


15 comments:

Steffie said...

That is quite a variety of colourfull pictures. Love the 'parsleyworm' Never knew the caterpillar of a swallowtail looked like that. I will never look at parsley with the same eyes again ;-)

flowerweaver said...

Farmer Rick is a huge Cubbies fan. Nothing says color like a crowd of people!

allhorsestuff said...

Oh! I love the CPillar and the Bfly!!!Thanks for stoppin' by today!

VioletSky said...

Not a big fan of insects, but caterpillers I love. So cute. And bolts of fabric - a perfect choice. Nice autumnal colours to work with...sometime!

Patches said...

The caterpillar and butterfly are beautiful! Great job!

restoration42 said...

This is the first fabric image I've seen for this challenge. Very creative response. Love all of your images.

lisa said...

Great one of the parsley worm and butterfly!!

Lori Skoog said...

Great shots....Those fabrics work beautifully.

CTG Ponies said...

Great shots! I love the parsly worm and the butterfly!

Ed said...

Very nice, love the caterpillar... :-)

Unknown said...

The caterpillar is beautiful- perfect submission for tri color.

Anonymous said...

wonderful 'colour' collections. How interesting to work with insects. They are so fascinating!

Anonymous said...

the caterpillar is superb!

Anonymous said...

Great shots. Love all the fabrics! Do you quilt? Also the caterpiller. That same one wiped our my parsley last year!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You captured something way different..love the caterpillar.. and the fabric:)